Hi, Jack! is a breakout board that helps you spy on the electrical signals that come and go in your Eurorack modular system. It's a really simple way to stick your multimeter/voltmeter in the path of your TRS audio or mono patch cables.
- Do you want to easily hook up your oscilloscope between two modules to see what a waveform looks like?
- Do you want to easily connect your multimeter to see exactly what voltage is being output by that other module?
- Do you want to easily add a 3.5mm stereo jack to a circuit you're breadboarding?
Of course you do!
This kit lets you do all of that. You can do all three of those things at once, in fact - since a single kit includes everything you need to make three complete breakout boards!
With this kit, you get:
- THREE Hi, Jack! PCBs (stuck together on a panel, as shown above)
- SIX stereo TRS jacks for you to solder onto them
- NINE test points to plug into the board temporarily (or to solder permanently).
Solder on some pin headers of your own and you can easily plug Hi, Jack! into a breadboard, too.
This is a great beginner's soldering project. You will, of course, need a soldering iron and basic soldering skills. A complete build guide / user's manual can be found in the Downloads section of this site.
PS - The economy TRS jacks that are included with this kit work great for this purpose. Just so you know: they are not the high quality stereo jacks that we use on our MIDIXO and IXO modules.